Avesta Systems, Inc. ("Avesta") provides Software as a Service (SaaS) products, including “CandidateCare” (“candidatecare.jobs”), an Applicant Tracking System (ATS). Through CandidateCare, you, the “Applicant” (or “End User”), may be required to submit information for the purpose of applying for Employment, Volunteering, Training, or other Activity or Institution. Any information submitted may be used by the Client to evaluate your Application, but may also be used in aggregate to help Avesta improve its services. Information provided is available ONLY to the Client for which the Applicant is applying. We take security seriously. Your information is transmitted over a secure connection to be stored on our secure servers in a secure facility. It is Avesta’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect during the use of our websites.
Gathering and use of Non-personally-identifiable information
Avesta collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request for the purpose of understanding how visitors use our sites. This enables us to craft a better system for our Clients and their Applicants. From time to time, Avesta may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate.
Gathering and use of Personally-Identifying Information (PII)
Avesta, through CandidateCare, may on behalf of our Clients collect personally-identifying information as detailed below.
- Full name
- Home address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Login name, screen name, nickname, or handle (If End User logs in through Social Media Integration, or if otherwise requested by Client)
- National identification number (For completion of Tax forms if included in client process)
- Passport number (For completion of Tax forms if included in client process)
- IP address
- Vehicle registration plate number (If requested by Client)
- Driver's license number (If requested by Client)
- Date of birth (For Tax, EEOC Reporting, and Background Screening purposes)
- Birthplace (If requested by Client)
- Genetic information (If requested by Client)
- Gender or race (For EEOC Reporting)
- Name of the school they attend or workplace (If requested by Client)
- Grades, salary, or job position (If requested by Client)
- Criminal record (If requested by Client)
- Banking Information (For Direct Deposit forms; If requested by Client)
With the exception of full name, screen name, email, and phone number which may be requested during account registration, PII is only requested on behalf of our clients at their specific request so that they may fully consider your application.
Protection of Personally-Identifying Information (PII)
Any information disclosed in the course of completing an application or other decision-related document for a Client is available to:
- Any Client Administrator with permissions and authorized access, as directed by the Client.
- Avesta Employees with access to the system or database.
- To other Software platforms (such as HRIS, Payroll, or Background Screening Providers [CRAs]) over secured web connection (‘Integration’). Information is only sent to those platforms which are able to receive and store PII securely. Avestato which the Client has authorized and requested Avesta send such information on the Client’s behalf. Such information would otherwise be entered manually on said systems by the client.
- Otherwise, only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request.
- Avesta does not share PII with any other parties.
All Avesta employees with access to PII have cleared background screening and have been trained in the handling of PII.
Avesta takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Due to varied reporting requirements of indeterminate duration, Avesta will not destroy PII.
We use “Google Analytics” to collect information about the usage of this site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site. We only use the information we get from these Analytics Services to improve this site.
How You Accept this Policy
If Avesta, or CandidateCare independently of Avesta were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Avesta goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Avesta or CandidateCare may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.